Keeping children safe during lockdown and beyond – Go to https://www.capt.org.uk/Handlers/Download.ashx?IDMF=063f132e-7d4d-46cd-b861-d97cc06fd9ad
Advice, help and wellbeing
We understand that this can be a difficult time for families and we are all experiencing pressures that we may not normally have to face. Below are some organisations that are available to provide help and advice on a variety of areas:
- The Westminster Citizens’ Advice Bureau – Beethoven Community Centre, Third Avenue, London W10 4JL; Mon – 13.30 – 16.00. Tel: 0300 330 1191. https://www.westminstercab.org.uk/
- The Cardinal Hume Centre, (Pimlico), Medway Street, London SW1P 2BG, Tel: 020 7227 1673 https://www.cardinalhumecentre.org.uk/
- St Vincent’s Family Project (Families only), Methodist Central Hall Storey’s Gate, London, Tel: 020 7654 5352. https://www.svfp.org.uk/
- Local Support Payments Tel: 020 7745 6464. https://www.rbkc.gov.uk/advice-and-benefits/local-support-payments (for residents living in Hammersmith & Fulham, Kensington and Chelsea or Westminster)
- Bessborough Family Hub: 1 Bessborough Street SW1V 2JD. Tel: 020 7641 5923 Email email@example.com. Our opening hours are from 9am to 5pm.
- Westminster City Council (Westminster Connects programme) have a help line for anyone struggling: A dedicated phone number for Westminster Connects is for individuals who may need help or for people who know of anyone in need of help as a result of COVID-19. Westminster Connects phone number: 020 7641 1222, available from 8am to 10pm seven days a week.
Mental Health and General Wellbeing
The following are links to support parents and children’s overall wellbeing:
Keep calm and make art-Amanda Dudley
Mind Up The Social Emotional Learning Programme
Supporting children and yourself during self-isolation
Knowing your mental Health
Free online counselling support for Children and Adults
Kooth is an online counselling and emotional wellbeing platform for children and young people, accessible through mobile, tablet and desktop and free at the point of use. Students can chat online to professionally accredited counsellors. It provides services for the NHS and is part-funded by the National Lottery.
Support, guidance and counselling services for families and young people, through private online chat rooms and phone calls. When families are going through a tough time, Relate offers support to help everyone settle.
Childline is yours – a free, private and confidential service where you can talk about anything. Whatever your worry, whenever you need help, they are there for you online, on the phone, anytime.
Covibook- a resource designed to support and reassure children age 7 and under
Dance with Darcey Bussel: https://twitter.com/diversedancemix/status/1241098264373592065
PE with Joe Wicks: https://youtu.be/6v-a_dpwhro
Dance with Strictly’s Oti Mabuse live at 11.30am every morning: https://m.youtube.com/channel/UC58aowNEXHHnflR_5YTtP4g