We are open to all children.
We will ensure:
- Enhanced cleaning of surfaces and ‘touch points’ (door handles, banisters)
- Classroom surfaces cleared
- Protective screen on the office counter
- Readily available PPE for staff and visitors
- Hand sanitiser in every classroom, lunch hall, Great Hall and main office entrance
- Risk assessments shared with all of our school community via this website and during staff INSETs
- Sufficient Lateral Flow Tests are available for staff to opt in to use
- We recommend that families avoid using public transport as much as possible, and if you do so, a face covering should be worn and hands sanitized. Do not touch your face with your hands.
- Gates are open from 8.50 for a 9am start.
- Good hand hygiene will continuously be encouraged throughout the day and coughing into tissues or elbows
- Classroom surfaces and tables will be wiped down frequently throughout the day
- Windows and doors will remain open for ventilation. Windows will be closed periodically for very short periods of time if the classroom gets too cold
There will still be a risk wherever groups of people are gathered, however we aim to reduce this risk with the measures we have taken. If a case of Covid 19 is confirmed at school, we will immediately follow all of the Public Health England guidelines. Please click here to see school protocol for responding to a suspected case.
Does my child have Covid symptoms?
Unsure whether to keep your child at home?
How to tell the difference between a common cold and Covid-19
Most people who feel ill with coronavirus will have at least one of the key symptoms:
- a high temperature
- a new, continuous cough
- a loss or change to their sense of smell or taste
The BBC have produced a video explaining the differences between Covid symptoms and the normal winter cold.
To book a test please go to https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/